Over the years, I've wanted to be a singer/musician, an actress, a foley artist, a fashion designer, an event planner, a fashion journalist, a novelist, a publisher, a photographer, a burlesque dancer, and a travel agent. I'm probably missing a bunch too, and those are more professions than hobbies. There are a ton of hobbies I'm interested in like crafts, knitting, scrapbooking, painting, and more. If I tried to do everything, I would run myself right into the ground. I would have no energy or room for myself.
Things I Wish I Had Time For:
1. Theater - I was in drama club in high school, and I loved it. It taught me a lot and really got me out of my shell more. I would love to be a part of a local community company or something, but I know I would not have the time to dedicate to rehearsals, unless I wanted to have 12+ hour days everyday or never sleep.
2. Zumba - I want to get back into working out, but I have trouble finding motivation to when I don't really enjoy it. I enjoy how I feel after I complete a workout, but I never am super excited going into it. Completing Insanity was definitely a feat for me. I want a workout that I would enjoy and have fun doing, and I love to dance so recently I have been toying with the idea of trying Zumba. Again...I'd have to figure out how to fit this into my schedule since exercise takes a lot of energy. My "free" time is mainly in the evenings after I've gotten home from work and/or my internship. I put free in quotations because this time is also when I usually do blog stuff and school work, so it's not technically all free time. But this is also the time when I would have to workout...when I'm already exhausted from doing stuff all day and am ready to relax. It's so difficult! I would definitely be more inclined to workout if I had mornings free.
3. Writing and recording music - I used to do this a lot more in high school and college, but nowadays I don't have as much time to put into music. Occasionally I will sit and play my ukulele, but I don't really sit down and write music. I usually just try to play a Disney song or something. I would love to get back into making music because it makes me happy to write something that I really like.
4. Burlesque - I've always wanted to learn burlesque dancing and be in shows. I love that it's sexy, but still classy with a sort of retro vibe. Like theater, I wish I had time to practice and rehearse and also time to take lessons and whatnot. It would be so much fun. I also wish there was more happening around here when it came to burlesque.
5. Learning to sew - I wish I had time (and more patience) to learn how to sew and make my own clothing. It would probably make life a little easier in the long run if I could just make my own dresses and alter things that I find at thrift stores.
I think the problem that a lot of people with hectic schedules face is dealing not only with a lack of free time, but also a depletion of energy. There is only so much our bodies and minds can handle in a day, and I know there are some days where I get so run down that all I can do is lay in bed and watch TV, where I don't even want to be on a computer or anything. Sometimes you just have to lay around and be a lump in your PJs watching hours of New Girl or Adventure Time.
|Dress: Coincidence & Chance via Urban Outfitters//Sweater: Take Out//Tights: Simply Vera by Vera Wang//Shoes: Naturalizer|